Triple bill of energetic dance
Fast-paced Joss Arnott Dance present a triple bill in The Hawth Studio in Crawley featuring pieces created and danced by artistic director Joss Arnott (Saturday, December 1, 7.45pm).
24 is inspired by the themes explored within Alexander McQueen’s exhibition Savage Beauty, says spokeswoman Lorraine McGregor.
“An all-female cast explodes onto the stage with energetic and elegant choreography.
Origin, a new commission for 2012 sees artistic director Joss Arnott take to the stage and dance a fluid yet intense solo that explores his fascination with the body.
“Threshold is a highly energetic piece that demonstrates the strength and power of the all female cast as they contort themselves into hyper-mobile yet beautiful positions.”
Lorraine added: “The company works to excite and inspire its audiences regardless of their dance experience and knowledge through Arnott’s dynamic choreography. The works focus on athletic explorations and presentations of corporeal function influenced by Arnott’s fascination with the body. Taking a surrealist approach to aesthetics relating to performance, the works also draw on influences from pop culture, fashion and film.
Tickets on 01293 553636 or by visiting www.hawth.co.uk.
- BREAKING NEWS: Oakhurst Grange Nursing Home to close
- Bury winger Worrall rejects Crawley Town move
- Fund to be set up in memory of boy who died after mirror fell on him
- Traffic cones come to life in Crawley town centre!
- Crawley council leader to contest claims he sexually harassed fellow councillor with text messages
- New Sainsbury’s store in Horley
- From the back pages, May 9: Advantage Chelsea and Arsenal in race for Champions League as Tottenham’s 23-year winless streak at Stamford Bridge goes on
- Have your say on High Street parking plans
- Arts and crafts at May Day fair
- From the back pages, May 8 - Alex Ferguson special: David Moyes to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United manager
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Crawley
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 15 C to 27 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: East