British Airways will launch flights from Gatwick Airport to New York.
The daily routes to JFK airport will start on May 1 2016.
The flights, which will be on Boeing 777s, will depart Gatwick at 4.40pm and arrive at 10am.
Lynne Embleton, British Airways’ managing director at Gatwick said: “The new route from Gatwick to New York’s JFK airport will enable us to offer access to a third London airport, giving our customers maximum choice and flexibility.
“New York is British Airways’ flagship Atlantic route and will always be one of the most popular destinations for holidaymakers and business travellers alike. The flight will offer fantastic connections to our extensive network of short-haul flights to 112 destinations across Europe.
“The new route also complements our almost hourly service from Heathrow, thanks to our transatlantic Joint Business with American Airlines. Customers can choose from 13 daily British Airways flights and another three on American Airlines to New York, as well as our double-daily business class only service from London City.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.