Crawley man suffers smoke inhalation after kitchen damaged by fire

Fire
Fire
0
Have your say

A man suffered smoke inhalation after his kitchen caught fire.

Two Crawley fire crews were called to a terraced house in Woodfield Road, Northgate, at 9.43am on Friday (October 9).

A spokesman for West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service added 30 per cent of the ground floor and ten per cent of the first floor was damaged by smoke.

A man suffered smoke inhalation and was given first aid and oxygen by firefighters.

Crews arrived after the fire was out.

Firefighters isolated gas and electrics.

They cut away areas damaged by the accidental kitchen fire and ventilated the house with a fan.

* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.