Crawley OAP taken to hospital with smoke inhalation

Standing Images for web. East Sussex Ambulance.
Standing Images for web. East Sussex Ambulance.
1
Have your say

An elderly woman was taken to hospital after she suffered smoke inhalation from a kitchen fire.

Firefighters were called to her first floor flat in Sunnymead, West Green, at 12.37pm on Sunday (November 1), said West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service.

A spokesman said the small accidental fire started after cooking was left unattended.

It was out by the time the two Crawley crews arrived.

Paramedics took the woman to hospital.

Firefighters ventilated the flat. They were stood down at 1.40pm.

* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.