Crawley supermarket filled with smoke

Rescue
Rescue
0
Have your say

Fire crews ventilated a town centre supermarket after a grill pan fire filled it with smoke.

The three crews were called to Taj the Grocer, Haslett Avenue West, at 8.55pm on Friday (February 20).

Its fire alarm was set off by smoke from a burning grill pan in the back of the store.

A spokesman for West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said firefighters ventilated the area with an extraction fan and left at 10.16pm.

No damage was caused.