The trial of a man accused of sexually assaulting a four-year-old girl when her mother’s back was turned in Asda Crawley has been adjourned.
Hugh Unwin, 75, of Garden Walk, West Green, has pleaded not guilty to sexual assaulting a girl and of having unsupervised contact with a person aged under 16 while banned on September 6 2015.
He appeared at Lewes Crown Court on Monday (February 22).
A court spokesman said the case was adjourned until March 29.
The probation service had not yet prepared a report for him.
A trial date would be fixed at the next hearing.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.