Crawley man reported after Rugby World Cup pitch invasion

News
News

A 35-year-old Crawley man has been reported for aggravated trespass after a pitch invasion during the South Africa and Samoa Rugby World Cup game on Saturday (September 26).

A man was reported for aggravated trespass after officers escorted him and another man from Villa Park, Birmingham.

A spokesman for West Midlands Police said: “A 35-year-old man was seen running onto the pitch during the game and a 36-year-old man ran onto the field during the post-match speeches.

“Both men were detained by police and escorted from the park.”

He said a 35-year-old man from Crawley had been reported for aggravated trespass.

* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.