A rugby fan ran from his £200 taxi fare from Twickenham to Gatwick Airport.
The passenger was not found after he sprinted into a terminal over the weekend, said police.
Sergeant Darren Taylor tweeted: “With @rugbyworldcup in the news we also had the passenger who decided to hail a taxi from Twickenham to Gatwick and decided to make a run.
“The passenger got to Gatwick and sprinted into the terminal. No sign of him and one unhappy taxi driver £200 out of pocket.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.