A man was arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm and affray - and another was stabbed in a fight at a Crawley pub.
Police and paramedics were called to the New Moon in Brighton Road, Southgate, at 11.30pm on Saturday (April 2).
A police spokesman said the stabbing was not connected to the arrest.
A 35-year-old Crawley man was taken to hospital with ‘non-life-threatening’ stab wounds to his back and side.
He remained at the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton on Monday morning, said the spokesman.
Detective Sergeant Peter Yarrow said: “We are investigating an allegation of assault and are still trying to identify the assailant.
“We would like to hear from anyone who was in or around the pub on Saturday evening who witnessed the incident or has any information about it or those involved.
“Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101 quoting serial 1569 of 02/04. Alternatively, you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 (www.crimestoppers-uk.org).”
A 37-year-old man from Oldham, Lancashire, was arrested on suspicion of ABH and affray in another incident around the same time, but not in connection with the stabbing.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.