Electrical fire in County Oak offices

Fire
Fire
0
Have your say

Firefighters battled an electrical fire in offices in County Oak yesterday morning (Tuesday May 26).

The ground floor and first floor toilet of a three-storey business unit in Discovery Park, off Gatwick Road, were smoke logged due to the fire in an electrical extractor unit.

Fire crews were called at around 8.25am.

The electrics were isolated and the fire was extinguished using eight breathing apparatus, two carbon dioxide extinguishers and two hose reels.

West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said four further units were affected by smoke and were ventilated.

The fire was ruled accidental.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.