Evacuation after smoke fills Debenhams in County Mall, Crawley

Fire

Fire

0
Have your say

Firefighters evacuated a three floor shop in County Mall which filled with smoke caused by a faulty air conditioning unit.

Three fire crews were called to the Debenhams store at 9.25am on Thursday (June 18).

A spokesman for West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said the whole shop was lightly smoke logged.

Firefighters isolated the faulty unit and cleared the smoke with an extractor fan.

Two Crawley crews and one Reigate crew were in attendance.

They left at 10.54am.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.