Flat badly damaged by washing machine fire in Crawley

The fire was started accidentally

The fire was started accidentally

0
Have your say

A flat was badly damaged by a washing machine fire.

Three fire crews were called to the second floor flat in Garden Walk, West Green, at 5.02pm on Thursday (October 22).

A spokesman for West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said half the home was damaged by fire and all of it by smoke.

Firefighters in breathing gear used three hoses to put out the blaze, which was caused by a washing machine fault.

Two other flats were affected by the water.

Crews from Crawley, Horsham and Reigate attended until 7.14pm.

* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.