A23 update: Driver suffers serious injuries in A23 accident
A man is badly hurt after an accident which has closed the A23.
The A23 near Handcross is closed southbound after a lorry left the carriageway.
The driver of the lorry has suffered serious injuries.
Both carriageways were closed for a short time to allow the air ambulance to land. The northbound carriageway has reopened.
A Sussex Police spokesperson said: “We thank drivers for their understanding and patience while emergency services treat the driver and investigate the cause of the incident.”
- BREAKING NEWS: Oakhurst Grange Nursing Home to close
- Bury winger Worrall rejects Crawley Town move
- Fund to be set up in memory of boy who died after mirror fell on him
- Traffic cones come to life in Crawley town centre!
- Crawley council leader to contest claims he sexually harassed fellow councillor with text messages
- New Sainsbury’s store in Horley
- From the back pages, May 9: Advantage Chelsea and Arsenal in race for Champions League as Tottenham’s 23-year winless streak at Stamford Bridge goes on
- Have your say on High Street parking plans
- Arts and crafts at May Day fair
- From the back pages, May 8 - Alex Ferguson special: David Moyes to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United manager
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Crawley
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 15 C to 27 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: East