BREAKING NEWS: Police arrest man in connection with Crawley Hospital fire
Police investigating arson attacks at Crawley Hospital, the Hilton Hotel Gatwick, and fires in Brighton and Kent have arrested a man in connection with the inquiry.
The 34-year-old man was arrested in Kent earlier this afternoon (Friday August 31) and is now in custody at a Kent police station.
Detective Superintendent Mick Judge from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, who is leading this investigation, said: “As yet the fires have all been determined as deliberate but small and contained, and no-one has been harmed. ‘Our investigation team is following up a number of lines of enquiry and we will continue to work closely with our colleagues at Sussex Police, the Fire and Rescue Service and the National Health Service to identify whoever is responsible.” Fires were started at a hotel in Brighton (August 26), Brighton Dome Cinema (August 27), Brighton Sea-life Centre (August 27), Hilton Hotel Gatwick (August 27), Crawley Hospital (August 28), Medway Maritime Hospital (August 29) and Kent and Canterbury Hospital on (August 30).
- BREAKING NEWS: Oakhurst Grange Nursing Home to close
- Bury winger Worrall rejects Crawley Town move
- Fund to be set up in memory of boy who died after mirror fell on him
- Traffic cones come to life in Crawley town centre!
- Crawley council leader to contest claims he sexually harassed fellow councillor with text messages
- New Sainsbury’s store in Horley
- From the back pages, May 9: Advantage Chelsea and Arsenal in race for Champions League as Tottenham’s 23-year winless streak at Stamford Bridge goes on
- Have your say on High Street parking plans
- Arts and crafts at May Day fair
- From the back pages, May 8 - Alex Ferguson special: David Moyes to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United manager
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Crawley
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 15 C to 27 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: East