Crawley house prices rise
The average house price in Crawley rose by 5.7 per cent last year, showing a huge inflation compared to neighbouring towns, such as Horsham, which saw a 5.0 per cent fall.
Matthew Cousins, branch manager of Inspire Estate Agents, in Southgate Parade, Crawley, said the inflation was mainly driven by a shortage of properties coming onto the market plus Crawley saw a steeper rise than other areas because public sector cuts have been comparatively low.
Mr Cousins said: “As an area Crawley hasn’t been hit as hard by the public service cuts. I also believe the buy to let market in Crawley is thriving.”
House sales in Crawley remained relatively low last year with just 306 sales from July to September 2012, compared with 553 in Horsham.
Mr Cousins believes this is due to Horsham residents generally being slightly more affluent and therefore more likely to be able to move up the property ladder as well as help their children buy their first property.
- BREAKING NEWS: Oakhurst Grange Nursing Home to close
- Bury winger Worrall rejects Crawley Town move
- Fund to be set up in memory of boy who died after mirror fell on him
- Traffic cones come to life in Crawley town centre!
- Crawley council leader to contest claims he sexually harassed fellow councillor with text messages
- Police officer denies shoplifting at Crawley Tesco
- New Sainsbury’s store in Horley
- Number of shops rises for first time in six years ... but tough times lie ahead
- From the back pages, May 9: Advantage Chelsea and Arsenal in race for Champions League as Tottenham’s 23-year winless streak at Stamford Bridge goes on
- Have your say on High Street parking plans
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Crawley
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 15 C to 26 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: East