An elderly woman was treated for smoke inhalation after a small fire broke out in her kitchen in Pound Hill, Crawley.
Firefighters were called to Grattons Drive at 7.30pm last night (Tuesday August 20) to deal with the electrical hob fire.
The crew gave oxygen to the woman, who was around 90 years of age.
A spokesman for the South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAmb) said: “SECAmb was called at approximately 7.40pm following reports an approximately 90-year-old woman had possibly suffered smoke inhalation.
“Clinicians in one ambulance attended the scene to assess the woman but she didn’t require hospital treatment.”
The fire crews left the scene at around 8.10pm.