Man sought following indecent act
Police have released an E-fit of a man they would like to speak to in connection with an indecent act which was carried out at a bus stop.
A spokesman for Sussex Police said the incident took place at around 8.30am on Sunday March 3 in front of two 19-year-old women.
The pair were standing at the bus stop opposite the Thales building in Manor Royal, a few metres down from the junction with London Road, when a man cycled along the pavement towards the junction.
He stopped at the bus stop and carried out an indecent act in front of them for several moments.
The spokesman added: “The women ran off and he then cycled off towards them but turned right at the junction of London Road and then left down Martyrs Avenue.
“Police searched the area but did not find him.”
The suspect is described as of Asian appearance, in his early 30s, 5ft 8inches tall, with short black hair, clean shaven, and with round facial features.
He was wearing a grey Puffa-type jacket top with either a red stitching or lining, blue jeans and brown boots.
The man was riding a standard black or dark-coloured bike.
Ellie Young of the Crawley Police Response Investigation Team said: “This was a very frightening experience for the women and they are really upset by it.
“Do you recognise this man or did you see him in the area?
“If anyone else saw what happened we ask them to contact us via 101 quoting serial 0341 of 3/3.
“You can also call independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”
- BREAKING NEWS: Oakhurst Grange Nursing Home to close
- Bury winger Worrall rejects Crawley Town move
- Fund to be set up in memory of boy who died after mirror fell on him
- Traffic cones come to life in Crawley town centre!
- Crawley council leader to contest claims he sexually harassed fellow councillor with text messages
- New Sainsbury’s store in Horley
- From the back pages, May 9: Advantage Chelsea and Arsenal in race for Champions League as Tottenham’s 23-year winless streak at Stamford Bridge goes on
- Have your say on High Street parking plans
- Arts and crafts at May Day fair
- From the back pages, May 8 - Alex Ferguson special: David Moyes to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United manager
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Crawley
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 14 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 15 C to 27 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North