DCSIMG

Man taken to hospital after tumble dryer catches fire in Crawley

SUS-140324-145804001

SUS-140324-145804001

A man was taken to hospital after a tumble dryer caught fire.

Fire crews were called to a house in Pinova Close, Ifield, at 1.06am today (Thursday April 10).

A spokeswoman for West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said firefighters treated the man for smoke inhalation using oxygen before he was taken to hospital by ambulance.

The small fire in the ground floor utility room was out by the time crew arrived.

Firefighters used fans to ventilate the house and left by 1.30am.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page