DCSIMG

Neighbours rescue dogs from Crawley house fire

Waiting for Video...
 

Neighbours have described how they saved a man’s dogs and property from a house fire.

Firefighters were called to Gorse Close, Broadfield, shortly before 7pm yesterday (Thursday July 10).

A spokesman for West Sussex Fire & Rescue said the fire was thought to have started in an unattended garden brazier.

It caused massive damage to the house as well as destroying the garden shed and a section of fence.

The spokesman added: “Fire crews did extremely well to confine the fire to one house.”

Peter Saunders, 38, who lives opposite the house with his girlfriend and one-year-old son, was one of four neighbours who sprang into action when they saw the fire.

He said: “People were saying get out, but I couldn’t leave the dog.”

See next week’s Crawley Observer for the full story.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news