DCSIMG

UPDATE: Woman burned by Debenhams cooking oil fire

A Debenhams staff member suffered burns to her feet from spilt cooking oil which caused a small fire.

The fire, which was quickly smothered with a fire blanket, sparked the evacuation of Debenhams staff from the County Mall store yesterday afternoon (Wednesday November 21).

No other shops were affected.

The woman, who was not seriously hurt, was tended to be staff first aiders and later went to hospital.

The fire service attended as a precaution and to declare the store safe.

Debenhams staff lined up in the Memorial Gardens after the evacuation but were back inside within 15 minutes.

A Debenhams spokesperson said no equipment was faulty and the fire service commended the store on how they dealt with the incident.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news