Man rescued from house fire in Crawley

Firefighters are at the scene of the blaze, a spokeswoman confirmed
Firefighters are at the scene of the blaze, a spokeswoman confirmed

A man was rescued from a kitchen fire at a property in Crawley on Saturday afternoon (December 24), according to West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service (WSFRS).

WSFRS said they were called to reports of a fire in Swallow Road, Crawley at 4.20pm.

On arrival, WSFRS said they rescued a man from the property.

The fire was thought to have started in the kitchen, according to WSFRS.

The fire service used four breathing apparatus and one high powered hose reel before standing down at 7.03pm.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage

2) Like our Facebook page

3) Follow us on Twitter

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

Always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.