Direct flights from Gatwick Airport to Cape Town will start next year.
A Gatwick spokesman said the Thomas Cook Airlines’ flights will run from December 15 2016 until March 20 2017.
The route will depart to the port city on Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays and use the airliner’s refurbished A330 fleet.
Guy Stephenson, Gatwick’s Chief Commercial Officer, said: “We are delighted that Thomas Cook Airlines is expanding its operations at Gatwick.
“Cape Town is a spectacular destination to add to Thomas Cook Airlines’ growing network of long haul routes from Gatwick. The airline’s existing long haul flights to the Cuba, Mexico and India are an important part of Gatwick’s rapidly growing long haul network, which now boasts over 40 destinations on five continents.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.