Police are seeking a woman who may have valuable information to help an investigation of an historic crime at a Crawley school.
A Sussex Police spokesman said: “Detectives have been told that a ‘Katy Tyler’ was a pupil at St Andrew’s Primary School in Furnace Green in the early 1970s.”
Detective Constable Rees Hopcraft said: “There is no suggestion at all that she was involved in any crime, but she may have valuable information, even though perhaps not necessarily realising it. If you are Katy or if you know where she may be now, we would like to hear from you as soon as possible.
“You can contact us via email@example.com, or call us on 101, quoting serial 1085 of 06/10/15 All information will be treated in confidence.”
The spokesman added: “Police emphasise that the investigation has no connection with current or recent pupils, parents or staff at the school and there are no current safeguarding concerns.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.