A sleep out will be held in Crawley town centre to raise money to help homeless people.
Dozens of people are hoped to take part in the Big Sleep Out at the Bandstand, Queens Square, next Thursday (October 15) from 7pm-7am.
Director of Crawley Open House Charlie Arratoon said: “It is hard to imagine what it is like to be homeless, but we are asking Crawley people and businesses to get involved, raise money and sleep out for one night so young people and adults don’t have to.”
Crawley Open House provides shelter and practical support for homeless and other vulnerable people in Crawley in Stephenson Way, Three Bridges.
Chairman of Crawley Open House Chris Oxlade said: “Last time we held the Big Sleep Out, we raised over an incredible £3,000, and we’re hoping to do even better this year.
“It’s such an important cause. People in Crawley are so very generous when it comes to Open House, we receive many donations of clothing and food throughout the year, but need funds to expand the services and facilities to help more and more people.”
Fundraisers will need to bring a sleeping bag and cardboard.
For more information email Sleepout@crawleyopenhouse.co.uk
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.