Firefighters were called to Southwater following a gas leak at a home this afternoon.
Two crews attended the incident in Ash Road at about 12pm after a member of the public reported a ‘smell of gas’ in the area.
A spokesman for the fire service said gas provider SGN had confirmed there was a leak.
Engineers were sent to the scene and made the gas supply safe.
No action was taken by firefighters and they left at about 12.20pm.
A spokesman for SGN added: “A member of the public had done the right thing and called the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999.”
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it