UPDATE: Smoke seen from high-rise building

Fire crew
Fire crew

Fire crews attended an incident at a high-rise building in London Road yesterday afternoon, only to find a burnt-out fuse.

Four fire crews were called at around 4.56pm, along with two appliances, after smoke was seen coming from an electrical room at The Atrium, according to West Sussex Fire and Rescue.

The smoke and acrid smell were allowed to clear through natural ventilation and the crews returned within half an hour.

A spokesman for West Sussex Fire and Rescue said it was caused by a faulty uninterrupted power supply, most likely a blown fuse.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.