VIDEO - SNOW: Good samaritans help cars up Tollgate Hill
Good samaritans Michael and Bradley Avery braved the cold to help drivers get up the treacherous Tollgate Hill tonight (Monday).
The father and son from Crawley had been out the majority of the evening helping struggling motorists out by towing them or pushing them.
Michael, 40, said the main problem was people were attempting to get up and down the hill before it had been gritted,
He said: “We came out pretty early on because we know how bad it can get on this particular road.
“Cars have been struggling all evening and we are more than happy to help out.
“I have the 4x4 so I may as well put it to good use. I must admit, I knid of love coming out and helping people in this way.”
Bradley, 15, helps his dad out by attaching the the towing cable to the cars and helping with a push.
Snow has fallen all day in Crawley, leading to treacherous conditions on the roads all over and around the town.
Commuters have had a horrendous time tonight getting home with some people stuck for hours travelling to and from Crawley to other parts of Sussex.
- BREAKING NEWS: Oakhurst Grange Nursing Home to close
- Bury winger Worrall rejects Crawley Town move
- Fund to be set up in memory of boy who died after mirror fell on him
- Traffic cones come to life in Crawley town centre!
- Crawley council leader to contest claims he sexually harassed fellow councillor with text messages
- Police officer denies shoplifting at Crawley Tesco
- New Sainsbury’s store in Horley
- Number of shops rises for first time in six years ... but tough times lie ahead
- From the back pages, May 9: Advantage Chelsea and Arsenal in race for Champions League as Tottenham’s 23-year winless streak at Stamford Bridge goes on
- Have your say on High Street parking plans
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Crawley
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 15 C to 26 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: East