Woman taken to hospital after Crawley flat fire

fire
fire

An elderly woman was taken to hospital after a fire at a Crawley flat.

Emergency services were called to the property in Sunnymead at around 12.45pm on Sunday (November 1).

A spokesman for the fire service said a small fire broke out in the kitchen of the flat after some cooking was left unattended. The fire was put out before crews arrived.

The woman suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital for further treatment.

Crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan to remove the smoke from the building. The fire is being treated as an accident.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawley.observer

3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.