A young man has died after the car he was travelling in crashed into a tree.
The crash, which happened shortly after 8pm last night (October 14), also left another man in hospital with serious injuries.
A Sussex Police spokesman said: “At 8.05pm on Friday, emergency services were called to a road traffic collision on the A2011 Crawley Avenue, east of the Tushmore Gyratory.
“A silver Toyota Starlet which was travelling eastbound had left the road and collided with a tree.
“The front seat passenger, a 22-year-old male from Crawley, sadly died at the scene.
“The driver, a 21-year-old male from Crawley, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton, where he remains in a stable condition.”
Firefighters from West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service helped to cut the men free from the vehicle.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact Sussex Police on 101 or email email@example.com quoting operation Claypole.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.