Quite Tricky Sports Quiz - May 25
HOW well do you know the European Cup/Champions League? Test your knowledge with the latest in our series of Quite Tricky Sports Quiz questions.
To mark Chelsea’s magnificent achievement in Munich last weekend, we are focusing on British glory in European Cup Finals for this week’s question. So, can you name the players who captained each of the British winners of European Cups/Champions League in the final itself? So, that’s who was the captain in the final for each of the following teams in their respective finals?
1. 1967, Celtic v Inter Milan. 2. 1968, Manchester United v Benfica. 3. 1977, Liverpool v Borussia Monchengladbach. 4. 1978, Liverpool v Club Brugge. 5. 1979, Nottingham Forest v Malmo. 6. 1980, Nottingham Forest v SV Hamburg. 7. 1981, Liverpool v Real Madrid. 8. 1982, Aston Villa v Bayern Munich. 9. 1984, Liverpool v AS Roma. 10. 1999, Manchester United v Bayern Munich. 11. 2005, Liverpool v AC Milan. 12. 2012, Chelsea v Bayern Munich.
Good luck, we will post the answers here tomorrow morning.......
- BREAKING NEWS: Oakhurst Grange Nursing Home to close
- Bury winger Worrall rejects Crawley Town move
- Fund to be set up in memory of boy who died after mirror fell on him
- Traffic cones come to life in Crawley town centre!
- Crawley council leader to contest claims he sexually harassed fellow councillor with text messages
- New Sainsbury’s store in Horley
- From the back pages, May 9: Advantage Chelsea and Arsenal in race for Champions League as Tottenham’s 23-year winless streak at Stamford Bridge goes on
- Have your say on High Street parking plans
- Arts and crafts at May Day fair
- From the back pages, May 8 - Alex Ferguson special: David Moyes to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United manager
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Crawley
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 15 C to 27 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: East