Recipe for chocolate peanut butter ice cream pie
In celebration of the launch of Gooey Brownie, ice cream brand Halo Top has been working with Eloise Head AKA FitWaffle, on some delicious recipes.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
80g peanut butter
120g golden syrup
80g puffed rice cereal
2 tubs Halo Top Gooey Brownie ice cream, softened
9 peanut butter cups, chopped
1. Allow Halo Top Gooey Brownie ice cream to stand at room temperature for 20 minutes to soften.
2. Add the peanut butter and golden syrup to a large bowl, then mix together with a spoon until smooth.
3. Add the puffed rice cereal to the bowl and mix them in with your hands until they’re completely covered.
4. Spoon the mix into a 9” cake tin, pressing down firmly into the base of the tin and up around the edges with a wet spoon or base of a glass to form a crust.
5. Pour 2 tubs of softened Halo Top Gooey Brownie ice cream into the crust, smoothing it out so the top is flat.
6. Sprinkle the chopped peanut butter cups onto the top.
7. Freeze for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer and place in the fridge 30 minutes before serving.
Salted Caramel Ice Cream Skillet Cookie
200g unsalted butter, softened
250g light brown sugar
2 egg yolks
½ tsp vanilla extract
250g plain flour
30g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
70g chocolate chips
150g caramel sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tub Halo Top Gooey Brownie
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C(fan).
2. Add the softened butter and light brown sugar to a bowl, then cream together with a wooden spoon to form a paste.
3. Add the 2 egg yolks and vanilla extract and mix these in until combined.
4. Add the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix these in to form a dough.
5. Add the chocolate chips and fold these in.
6. Scoop 2/3 of the dough into a 7” skillet, then press it down to form a base and a lip around the edge.
7. Pour the caramel into a small bowl, then mix the salt into the caramel.
8. Pour the salted caramel into the cookie dough base and smooth it out.
9. With the rest of the cookie dough, roll it into a ball, then press it down to form a lid the same size as your skillet.
10. Place the cookie dough lid over the caramel, then smooth it out and press it down gently with the back of a spoon.
11. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
12. Let it cool for a few minutes before topping with Halo Top Gooey Brownie ice cream.
For more information, visit halotop.uk/buy-now/where-to-buy
A message from the Editor, Gary Shipton:
In order for us to continue to provide high quality and trusted local news, I am asking you to please purchase a copy of our newspapers.
With the coronavirus lockdown having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers - and consequently the advertising that we receive - we are more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news and information by buying a copy of our newspapers.