The A23 near Gatwick Airport will be closed eastbound for overnight resurfacing.
The works in A23 Airport Way will run from 8pm to 4am for five nights from today (Monday November 16), said Highways England.
An eight mile diversion via London Road, Crawley Avenue and the M23 for travel from the North to the South Terminal will be in place and take about 14 minutes.
A Highways England spokesman said: “Road users heading to either the North or South terminals from the M23 should not be affected significantly by the work.
“Road users wishing to gain access to the South Terminal from the A23 Airport Way are advised to use the M23 where possible.
“The work is needed as the road surface has reached the end of its operational life and needs to be replaced in order to maintain road user safety.
“Road users using this stretch of the A23 are advised to plan and allow extra time for their journeys.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.