A bid to build a six-storey town centre building with 78 flats and ground floor shops has been made.
A developer has proposed to demolish the empty site at 15-29 The Broadway to make way for the scheme.
Crawley Borough Council registered the plans on Thursday last week (September 10).
Councillors were expected to decide on giving Inspired Asset Management planning permission at a meeting on December 10.
A planning document stated the existing three-storey building was vacant.
Pending approval, works on the site were expected to last 64 weeks and start in February 2016. No car parking spaces are planned.
Comments on the scheme can be made to the council until October 7.
The council granted planning permission for a similar car-free scheme by a different developer UMIS Ltd in 2013.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.