Empty shop units in Crawley town centre will get new shop fronts, it has been proposed.
A bid was made to remove the canopy above the five units in the corner of Queens Square (numbers 20 to 24) and Queensway (2 to 4). New entrance doors, alluminium glazed shop front and fascias were also planned.
Crawley Borough Council registered the planning application by Galgorm Properties on Monday (November 9).
Officers were to determine the application on January 4 2016.
A planning document said the building was last used in July. It has retail space in the ground floor and office accommodation on the upper floors.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.