A Crawley business community and police worked together to find a missing elderly man with dementia.
The man was found safe and well after a radio message was put out to Crawley & Gatwick Business Watch (CGBW) members to help with the search on October 1.
A CGBW statement said a woman told security at Sainsburys, West Green, the man was lost.
The CGBW radio link alert was put out and Sussex Police was called after the man was not found by a CCTV search.
Boots security reported him getting on to a number 10 bus.
Officers were with the woman when the radio message was passed to her.
Police found the man safe and well.
CGBW stated the incident showed ‘very good example of the effective and efficient communication between [CGBW’s] members’.
It added: “It also highlights that the scheme is not just about shoplifting incidents, but a community working together.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.