A Crawley petition has called on West Sussex County Council to carry out a review of the town’s parking needs.
Forty people have signed the e-petition by Southgate Community Forum chairman Mike Pickett.
The petition stated: “We call upon West Sussex County Council, as the authority legally responsible for roads and pavements, to carry out a full review of Crawley’s current and future parking needs and to take all reasonable steps to ensure those needs are met.”
Mr Pickett said he wanted the council to ‘get a grip’ on the issue.
He said: “Talking to people they put it pretty high up on the agenda for the whole of Crawley.”
He hoped the petition would get 500 signatures at least.
Crawley councillor Peter Smith (Lab, Ifield) said a lack of parking was ‘endemic’ in Crawley and the ‘number one’ issue in his ward recently.
The petition closes on May 19.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.