A bid has been made to give a Crawley shopping parade its only cash machine.
The Bank of Ireland wants to install a shopfront ATM at the Post Office in Pound Hill Parade.
Crawley Borough Council planning officers will decide on the application.
The planning application said: “The proposed ATM will provide various customers with a reliable and safe means of account and cash withdrawal facilities near to where they live, which helps to improve not only the viability of this Local Post Office but also the area it is within.
“The proposed ATM is to be installed through the shopfront glazing to the left of the main entrance door when viewed from the outside.
“The financial services provided by the post office in some cases are the only available option to the most vulnerable in our society.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.