Crawley Town boss Mark Yates does not expect to make any new additions to his squad despite the club receiving a six-figure transfer fee for Izale McLeod.
The striker’s move to Notts County, which he has been trying to force since the start of pre-season, was finally confirmed on Saturday for an undisclosed sum.
The figure is believed to be around £150,000 for the forward who netted 21-goals for Reds last season, but Yates has said the money had already been invested in the past two weeks with the move almost certain to happen.
Both Roarie Deacon and Lee Barnard were brought in with the club banking on the departure of McLeod to fund them.
On whether he could see any more funds being made available, Yates said: “No I don’t. I have invested and I don’t think, in fact, I know that is not the case unless there is a major change of plan.
“When it all kicked off a few weeks ago, I brought in Lee Barnard and Roarie Deacon which I didn’t think I was probably going to be able to do.
“We did our business on the back of this happening.
“I have said that we have not got a 25-goal a season striker now, but what we have got is a team spirit and team work ethic that will get us miles further than where we would have before.”
The Crawley manager, who has clearly been angered by McLeod’s attitude over the past few weeks, declined to comment on him joining their League Two rivals, but agreed it was best for all parties and his side can now move on.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1 Make this website your homepage
2 Like our Facebook page at facebook.com/pages/Sport-Sussex
3 Follow us on Twitter @SportSussex
4 Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!