Crawley’s St. George’s Day Cultural Parade has been cancelled for a second year in a row.
The annual event has been run entirely by volunteers and has become one of the highlights of the town’s social calendar since it was launched in 2012.
A statement from Crawley St. George’s Day Cultural Parade Society Secretary Richard Miller said: “After several calls for such volunteers the Society has received only a handful of offers of help and these are not enough to organise a successful and safe Parade and therefore there will be no Parade organised for 2016.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.