Crawley Borough Council’s Cabinet has backed plans to increase council tax.
The 0.77 per cent rise to the local authority’s share of the tax will now go before a Full Council vote at the Town Hall on February 24.
Cabinet members yesterday (February 10) recommended the rise, which would increase the tax from £187.83 to £189.27 for a band D property, and other items of its 2016/17 budget be approved at the public meeting.
A council spokesman said the councillors voted through all items as recommended by council officers.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.