Police have appealed for witnesses after two men were seen leaving Ifield railway station after it was broken into.
Officers were called to the scene at 2am today (Friday May 20).
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “Colleagues from Sussex Police attended and found a damage had been caused to a door, but no money was stolen.
“BTP will now carry out a full investigation, including viewing CCTV from in and around the station.”
The men were seen leaving the station shortly before 2am. Both appeared to be white, one with a large build wearing a dark hooded top with the hood up and a scarf, while the other was slim, wearing a dark, thin rain jacket with the hood up.
Anyone with information should call 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting 29 of 20/05/2016. Information can also be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
The station’s ticket office was broken into last November.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.