A Crawley hair salon is counting the cost after a ‘BB gun’ was fired at its windows.
Police have appealed for information after the attack on the Gorgeous Hair Salon, Station Road, Crawley Down, which happened overnight on Monday (October 20).
Manager Sharon Faili, of Horley, said three holes were found in the salon’s main window and one in the window on its door.
The cost of replacing the windows and installing cameras on the site would run up to £2,500.
She said a worker who boarded up the windows was certain the damage was caused by a BB gun.
A nearby newsagents said he heard a ‘bang’ at around 12.30am on Tuesday.
A police spokesman said: “Police received a report of criminal damage to the Gorgeous Hair Salon, Station Road, Crawley Down, sometime overnight on Monday (October 19) to Tuesday (October 20).
“Three 15mm holes had been made in the glass front of the shop premises.
“If anyone saw anything or has any information, contact police on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101 quoting 0476 of 20/10.”
Sharon and her husband Paul Faili, chairman and manager of Three Bridges FC, own the salon and Salontwelve in County Mall, Crawley.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.