A police spokesman has said brothels were not a ‘particular problem’ in Crawley after two were shut down earlier this year.
Three women were arrested after officers identified two brothels in the High Street in January.
A spokesman for Sussex Police said: “Whilst brothels are not a particular problem within Crawley, Sussex police takes any report of these activities very seriously.”
Police carried out search warrants on January 20 as part of an ongoing investigation into the management of brothels.
The High Street venues were closed with immediate effect.
Two women, aged 42 and 38, were arrested at an address in the town centre on suspicion of keeping a brothel.
A woman, 27, was arrested at an address in Ash Road, Three Bridges on suspicion of conspiring to manage or assist in the management of a brotel.
All three were released on bail until April 2.
The pair have been rebailed until June 7 and the 27-year-old until May 7.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.