A cat has been found decapitated in a Crawley garden.
South Norwood Animal Rescue and Liberty (SNARL) has linked the case in Langley Green on Sunday (May 15) with dozens of similar deaths by a ‘Croydon Cat Killer’.
A spokesman said it had received more than 50 reports of cats, rabbits and foxes being mutilated and killed by ‘blunt force trauma’ over the last two years. The attacks happened mostly in and around London and Surrey and typically involved decaptitations, animals being cut in two or with paws or tails missing.
The RSPCA had collected the body of the cat, which did not belong the garden’s owners.
SNARL believed a fox’s body, which was also found in Crawley, had its ears and tail cut off by the killer.
A spokesman said the rescue group was liaising with the RSCPA and police and urged people to report similar deaths by calling SNARL on 07957 830 490 or 07961 030064.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.