A Crawley car park’s payment machine has been vandalised.
The machine at the NCP park in Kilnmead, Northgate, will not accept cash payments until next week.
A spokeswoman said: “Unfortunately we are currently unable to take cash at our payment machine at Kilnmead NCP due to a technical fault caused by someone vandalising our machine earlier this week.
“We called the engineers immediately and our cash section has been damaged and new parts have needed to be ordered. We are hopeful this will be sorted by middle of next week.”
She added: “This means that customers can only pay at Kilnmead via our cashless payment system, which does incur a charge, and means that the £2 all day rate becomes £2.20.
“We apologise profusely for the inconvenience that this has caused and would suggest that customers park in our five other car parks in Crawley that are all offering the £2 all day rate.”
A reader had raised concerns over the company advertising a £2 all day parking rate which was only available through cash payments.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.