A Crawley man who told a police call handler that he was going to kill a woman has been remanded in custody.
Daniel Bettis, 30, of Park Way, Pound Hill, appeared at Hove Trial Centre this morning (Monday February 29).
He pleaded guilty to possession of a 30cm kitchen knife, attempting to make the call handler fear he would carry out his threat to kill a woman and to sending numerous Skype message when banned by a non-molestation order on July 3 2015.
The domestic violence offences happened in Park Way and St Marys Drive on July 1 2015. Croydon Court imposed the order on May 22 2015.
Bettis will be sentenced at a hearing on March 23, said a court spokesman.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.