A ‘notorious’ taxi tout who was banned from Gatwick Airport has been arrested. Sergeant Darren Taylor said he was arrested for breaching his prohibition notice after officers spotted him in the South Terminal on Saturday (October 17).
He tweeted: “A massive well done to one of my team who spotted a notorious taxi tout in the South Terminal on Saturday.
“The taxi tout is prohibited from not only from Gatwick but also Terminal 5 @HeathrowAirport. A great spot by my team.
“So one taxi tout in custody for breaching his prohibition notice.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.