A man has been arrested in connection with a fatal collision near Horley on Friday (October 26).
Surrey Police say that officers were called to Rookery Hill in Outwood at 11.30pm following a Vauxhall Combo van being in collision with a tree.
A 19-year-old man was taken to hospital but later died of his injuries.
A woman in her 20s was seriously injured and is recovering in hospital.
A police statement says that a man has been arrested on suspicion of the following offences.
- Causing death by dangerous driving
- Causing serious injury by dangerous driving
- Failing to stop at a road traffic collision
- Failing to report a road traffic collision
- Causing death by driving a vehicle without a licence and while uninsured
He has been released on bail.
Anyone with information, or dash-cam or helmet-cam footage, that could help the investigation is asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation unit on 01483 639922 (999 in an emergency) quoting ref PR/45180114652.