Two men who were arrested over a hammer attack which left a man bleeding in a car have been released without charge.
Sussex Police said they were released due to insufficient evidence after the victim of the attack told officers he did not want to proceed with the case.
A police spokesman said: “A 28-year-old man from Copthorne Common and a 22-year-old man from Crawley, arrested in connection with a hammer attack on a 31-year-old man outside the Haven Centre, Crawley Down, on 16 June this year and bailed until October 8, have both been released without charge on grounds of insufficient evidence after the victim told police he did not want to proceed with the case.”
Emergency services were called to the scene of the attack just before 4pm.
The man, 31, from East Grinstead, was taken to East Surrey Hospital with head injuries and broken ribs from the attack. His mobile phone and car keys had been stolen.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.