Paramedics were called to a man in his 30s suffering from the effects of a legal high called Vertex.
Emergency services were in attendance in Spencers Road, West Green, yesterday afternoon (Sunday May 15).
Crawley Police tweeted: “Assisting @SECAMbulance with a male suffering from effects of a legal high. Resource heavy and very dangerous.”
Officers shared a picture of a Vertex sachet they seized. Police said: “Legal highs like this will be illegal to sell from the end of this month. Thankfully.”
A spokesman said Sussex Police was called to the medical episode at 4.21pm.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.